Saturday, November 20, 2010

Back on Board with Week 11 NFL Picks



So sorry I missed last week, to my loyal readers (if they exist). I was in Jacksonville last weekend, and actually got to see the ridiculous hail mary game winner LIVE. I think I heard Gus Johnson's head explode. Anyway, lost in all that was my NFL picks, and it probably is better that they're not published because I got wrecked. Also, I picked the Dolphins Thursday. I'm an idiot.

Week 11! No Byes!

Oakland at Pittsburgh (-7.5)

Pittsburgh, from what I saw of their game last Sunday (was flying during most of it), was getting ripped up through the air, especially through the middle with Tight Ends. Oakland has been wholly decent this year, but I don't know if they have the talent the Patriots have. Pittsburgh, if they are really an elite team, will win this game. I think Oakland, though, covers the spread.

Houston at NY Jets (-6.5)

After seeing Houston last week, I have no confidence left in them. They looked sluggish to start the game, were terrible against the run, couldn't run the ball themselves, and just looked resigned to losing. The last play was fluky, but they really didn't deserve to win anyway. The Jest should be able to run all over them and defend the passing attack. Jets win and cover.

Baltimore(-11) at Carolina

Carolina is terrible. Terrible terrible terrible, as Charles Barkley would say. And now they're starting Brian St. Pierre at Quarterback. That's how desperate they are. The Ravens have had 10 days off to recover from their heartbreaking loss to the Falcons and will probably take it out on the Panthers. Baltimore wins and covers.

Washington at Tennessee (-7)

Still perplexed as to how the Titans lost to the Dolphins playing against the terrible Tyler Thigpen. That makes me scared to pick them with much confidence, but then again, they're playing the Redskins, who the Eagles just desecrated. I think Washington will bounce back to be their decent selves, and Tennessee will do enough to win, but not cover.

Detroit at Dallas (-6)

Can Jason Garret's boys keep it up? For some reason, I think that they're gonna have to come down to Earth eventually. How long can you mask terrible fundamentals? I think they can win this one, but I think Detroit can cover, because their offense is pretty high powered, and Dallas can't stop anyone. So Boys win, Lions cover.

Green Bay (-3) at Minnesota

Green Bay seems to be over their early season troubles and rounding into form, whereas the Vikings keep slipping up. Brett Favre is back into 'vintage' form with his back breaking interceptions, and the defense isn't doing them any favors. Green Bay will win and cover.

Buffalo at Cincinnati(-5)

BILLIEVE!!! BILLIEVE! That's right, the Buffalo Bills have one victory. Now begins the hand wringing in my household on whether a) The Bills will have the first pick and b) whether Andrew Luck will come out or not. Luck has to choose between possibly going to Buffalo or Carolina (please be Buffalo) or going back to school and possibly hurting his draft status. So there's that to worry about, which has caused some to hope that the Bills...lose out. Terrible, terrible ethical quandary. Anyway, on to this game. The Bengals are pretty bad, but I think they can manage to beat the Bills. But the Bills will stay feisty and stay in the game, so they'll cover. Also, this is your hell game. In hell, the game is running with T.O talking about his boring life over the footage.

Cleveland at Jacksonville (-2.5)

I watched Jacksonville last week, and I left feeling 'meh' about the team. Sure, they have some talent, but I don't think they can play with the best. Cleveland took the Jets to OT and beat the Patriots, so I'm leaning towards them. They have a great run game and Colt McCoy can make plays when needed. Cleveland wins outright.

Arizona at Kansas City (-8)

I didn't see it coming when Kansas City got stomped on by Denver. Arizona is no Denver, though. The passing game is just not as good as Denver's, so I think KC will take this one, and cover. Look for Jamaal Charles to do something awesome. No reason for saying that except for the fact that Jamaal Charles is so awesome and so underutilized.

Seattle at New Orleans (-11.5)

New Orleans, off a bye, against a terrible pass defense? Please and thank you, Saints win and cover.

Atlanta (-3) at St. Louis

Atlanta was pretty impressive in beating the Ravens, and now they have 10 days of rest. St. Louis is better than expected, but I still think Atlanta wins and covers. If they really are the NFC's best, they should at least be able to put away the Rams comfortably.

Tampa Bay at San Francisco (-3.5)

I have no confidence in the Troy Smith led 49ers, and I have a fair amount in the Josh Freeman led Buccaneers. So I'm looking for Tampa Bay to win this one outright. The Buccaneers- PURE EXCITEMENT.

Indianapolis at New England (-4)

Ah, finally, the best regular season game of the last 10 years returns. Watching these two all time greats at Quarterback is just awesome. Last year's Fourth and Two Game will be tough to top, but it still should be a great game. New England has looked very impressive as of late, whereas the Colts have been semi-coasting. I know Peyton Manning will get up for this game, so I can't say I see New England winning by more than 4, so the Colts will cover and the Pats will win. Either way, I can't wait.

NY Giants at Philadelphia (-3)

This is also a great game. The Eagles and Giants have been lighting it up recently, and not against shoddy opposition. This week, though, both teams have to face decent/good defenses on the other side. I foresee Michael Vick continuing to light it up, while the Giants will keep it close behind Eli. The Eagles, though, are more 'explosive', and I think they'll take this one at home, while the Giants cover.

Denver at San Diego (-9.5)

Snoooooooooooze. San Diego will probably keep their little streak going and end up winning this divison. Denver will probably keep scoring a lot of points but not being really all that good. So San Diego wins, but Denver covers.

No comments: