Monday, November 22, 2010

The Ultimate Dilemma

Well, the Bills surprised me and actually won another game. Or, more realistically, the Bengals surprised me by showing how inept and fatalist they are in giving up a 28-7 lead after the first quarter. Unbelievable how fast they folded and how resigned they were to losing. Still, awesome to watch Ryan Fitzpatrick, he of the Civil War General beard, and Steve Johnson light up the Bengals secondary. Johnson's "Joker" persona was also awesome. He was pretty committed to the act, as he had 'Why so Serious?" written on his undershirt (hello, fine), and had eye black around his mouth like the Joker. T.O and Ochocinco, Batman and Robin, were really shut down by the Joker and the Bills. But the win was unsettling. Or, my response was unsettling. I was happy that the Bills had won, yet... I want Andrew Luck. I want the Bills to have the first pick in the draft. But how do you root for your own team to lose? It is so intrinsically wrong. Its impossible to watch the game and NOT want them to win, even if it ruins their draft stock. So I face a dilemma every time I watch; I want them to lose in my head, but I want them to win in my heart. With our next six games being very lose-able (Steelers, Vikings, Browns, once more through the division), it may be easier. But that internal conflict will still churn within me.

Also, GO PANTHERS AND BENGALS AND EVERY OTHER CRAPPY TEAM BUT THE BILLS!!!!

No comments: