Sunday, October 24, 2010

NFL Week 7, A Return to Depressive-ness, sort of



And by sort of, I mean I get to go the Bears game Sunday, at 'beautiful' Soldier Field, and ignore the Bills getting abused by the Ravens. Bear Down? On to the picks. I had a good weekend last week. I think. Whatever.

Pittsburgh (-3) at Miami

Big Ben is back, really, and still unleashing miraculous throws while halfway to the ground. His balance is amazing. The Dolphins have been merely good this season, beating some other good teams but also faltering. I see the Steelers, one of the great teams this year, winning and covering on the road.

Cincinnati at Atlanta (-3.5)

Two of the most inconsistent teams in the NFL face off. Once again, Carson Palmer has yet to prove to anyone that he's a bonafide top 10 quarterback in this league. I say Atlanta takes it at home, but Cinci covers with some gnarly defense and a whole lotta Cedric Benson. I hope (fantasy wise...)

Jacksonville at Kansas City (-9.5)

Jacksonville finds themselves with Todd Bouman at quarterback, who was literally picked up this week. Yeah, I'll take the Chiefs to win and cover at Arrowhead against a QB who's learning the system.

Philadelphia at Tennessee (-3)

The Titans won a pretty ugly game last week, and I remain confused about how good they really are. On the flipside, Kevin Kolb and the Eagles lit it up last week against a good Atlanta team. I'll take Philly to win, or at least cover.

Washington at Chicago(-3)

This is the game I'm going to! And a doozy at that. Chicago has a militantly bad offensive line; I don't know how Jay Cutler hasn't murdered his tackle yet. The Redskins are, to borrow a term, whelming. Not over or under. I still think they keep it close and cover the spread while the Bears win on some special teams or defensive play.

Cleveland at New Orleans (-13)

The Saints finally took an advil and woke up from their Super Bowl hangover, putting a licking on the Bucs. Cleveland played decently against Pittsburgh with a rookie in his debut start. I think New Orleans has another big game in them, and they win and cover. But its not too hard for me to see Cleveland cover. Call me shaky.

Buffalo at Baltimore (-13)

Call me not shaky. The Bills have absolutely no shot in this game. I'd be surprised if they kept it within 21. Ravens win and cover while Ray Rice goes roughshod over the whole defense. Oh yeah, free CJ Spiller! Cmon Chan!

San Francisco (-3) at Carolina

Here's your hell game. Euch. I could not be less interested in either of these teams. Both have pretty terrible quarterbacks. Both just seem to be going nowhere this season. I'll take Carolina to cover against the crappiness of Alex Smith. And this game is being shown with the audio of the best game of the weekend, so you know something awesome is happening on another channel that you just can't switch to. This is all in hell, of course.

St. Louis at Tampa Bay(-3)

Two exciting, wholly decent teams face off. I like Sam Bradford, I like Josh Freeman. I think it'll be a fun one, and I see St. Louis continuing to be plucky and covering while the Bucs end up winning. Look for a high score.

Arizona at Seattle (-7)

Seattle managed to play well on the road last week against the Bears, so I feel like they could play really good at home against a rookie QB. The Pete Carrol era: AN ADVENTURE IN SEATTLE! Seattle wins and covers. Sorry Max Hall, you crazy Mormon you.

New England at San Diego (-2.5)

Sorry, I trust San Diego's depleted roster as much as I trust my friends if I passed out at a party (only from being tired, of course). San Diego is just a mess, while the Patriots are starting to revert back to the mid 2000s, non-flashy style of play that got them three super bowls. New England wins outright.

Oakland at Denver (-7.5)

Kyle Orton will throw the ball, there will be a lot of points for the Broncos, and the defense will be stout enough to limit the Raiders 'high powered' attack. Broncos win and cover.

Minnesota at Green Bay (-2.5)

Green Bay is so aggressive on defense that they are constantly getting flagged; it's like the players have a quota in their contracts to fill, that's how dumb they are. Brett Favre is going to show up in this game, I have a feeling, and Green Bay will keep falling apart. Vikings win and cover.

NY Giants at Dallas (-3)

Dallas enters "must win" mode, and I die of enjoyment at seeing them continue to suffer. America's Team, my ass. Dallas is overhyped and has a weak running game and general playcalling. Giants are going to win, and maybe fatty Wade Phillips will get fired.

No comments: