Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Impending Horror

I think we're all psyched up for what should be a great Super Bowl. Packers-Steelers features a ton of talent on both sides of the ball for both teams along with a shared, storied history. It's Title Town vs. Sixburgh. Yet.... besides the Pro Bowl this weekend (snore) and the Super Bowl, there's going to be a lot of time before we see football again. Not only is there is the interminable layoff between the Super Bowl and the beginning of training camp that we have to endure every year, but now there's the looming threat of the NFL labor lockout. While I'm not highly versed in the subject, I do know that there is a good chance that the season will start late. AHHHHHHHH! Thank god I don't stay home during the summer, or I would be screwed. But what will I write about? Basketball is ok for a column every once in a while, but I don't watch enough of it. Hockey is still awesome, but the Sabres are no locks for the playoffs and the games aren't always easy to find. Baseball is... well, I enjoy baseball, but pretty much only the Cubs, and I can't watch a full game EVERY night. Only when a very interesting pitcher is on the mound. There's no World Cup this year, either. The only small solace is March Madness, the glorious event that it is, especially the opening weekend. And once we get to September, and there's no football, we'll have to focus on baseball. Yeah, baseball. It's such a step down from football its not even funny. So all I can say is everyone should be praying that the NFL fixes its issues so that we do not have to slog through endless hours of SportsCenter devoted to baseball highlights (which are terrible) and early season hockey and basketball. Or the horror of early season college sports. Oh god. Oh god. Please, NFL and NFLPA...save us.

No comments: