Friday, September 3, 2010

Super Cursed, I reckon

I decided to start writing all this blog as a goal set during my senior retreat (class of 2011... having some trouble with something catchy to say with that...) to write every day. So here goes. For some background information, I'm a fan of the Bills, Cubs, and Sabres. I guess I like the Bulls, but the NBA ain't quite my cup of tea. If you don't know, these three teams have won no championships, collectively, since 1908. In my whole 17 years of life, and my dads 53, they have won nothing besides the Bills mid-60s AFL championships. Not only have they never won, these teams are fantastic at making a person believe that they are close. Whether it's Bills-Patriots in last years first Monday Night Football game (or the Scott Norwood Superbowl debacle), the Cubs and the Bartman incident, or the Sabres in the 1999 Stanley Cup Finals (NO GOAL!!! HIS FOOT WAS IN THE CREASE AHHHHHH!!!!!!), these teams know how to lose in such a way that you might just want to give up on these teams. Somehow, I haven't. But one thing is for sure. I have never experienced the ultimate joy of seeing one of my teams win. The Bulls 6 championships? A hazy memory, at best, for me. And that's what I'm waiting for. Till then, I'll keep watching, because I know that feeling will be probably the best of my life. It's long overdue, after all.

No comments: